About this Course
Ethics of Massage Therapy*
- Integrity and Boundaries in Practice
- 50 Hours/12 Weeks/$1200
- Prerequisite Courses: None
- First Class: Thursday May 2nd
- Time: 3:30pm-7:45pm
- Enroll in Ethics
Catheryn Scheonfarber, MA LMT
Developing and practicing professional, safe relationship dynamics with clients in the workplace is an essential aspect of creating a successful career in the healing arts.
This course provides an opportunity to delve deeply into real-life examples and learn practical solutions to challenges that all bodyworkers face in their practices. It is not a question of “if” these problems will come up, rather a question of “when” they will arise, and we want our students to know how to handle themselves with integrity and confidence. We will identify and deal with the more subtle and uncomfortable situations that confront therapists and empower our students with tools and lessons that have direct application in all aspects of life, professional as well as personal.
Topics of Discussion:
- Personal and Professional Boundaries
- Physical/Emotional/Psychological Boundaries
- Integrity in Practice
- Healthy Client/Practitioner relationships
- Ethics of Power dynamic
- The Power of Words
- Protecting Ourselves, Protecting Our Clients
- Financial Boundaries
- Bodywork Practice & Role Play of Issues that can Emerge
It is essential that each student knows how to create and hold space that is safe and comfortable for their clients. Fostering a deep level of trust and compassion will lend to an environment that is rich with the ingredients that will allow healing to emerge.